- Kayla Arrowood
- ► 2013 (227)
- ► 2012 (193)
- Been in the Hospital and Sick
- Week 10 - Last Week Of Break
- Wordless Wednesday Week 9 - Break & Field Trip
- Weekly Wrap Up #8 - BREAK TIME
- Old Fashion Pumpkin Cookies
- Wordless Wednesday Week 8 - Apple Orchard
- Afternoon Adventures Hike
- Weekly Wrap Up #7 and Whats Going on this week!
- Visual Latin Review
- All About Spelling & All About Reading Update
- Wordless Wednesday #7 ((ZOO))
- New Bookcases
- Weekly Wrap Up #6
- ▼ October (13)
Thursday, October 13, 2011
12:34 PM | Posted by Kayla Arrowood | | Edit Post
I love Pumpkin.
I love Autumn.
So of course they go together wonderfully!
This week at Homeschool Group the crafting class the two smallers take learned about Pumpkins and my wonderful friend made Pumpkin Cookies. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they were!! I am not going to tell you how many I let my self eat, Cause I would be so embarrassed.
I came home and the wonderful lady had emailed me the recipe. So what else was there to do -- other than making some!!
1 cup shortening
1 cup cooked pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup brown sugar
Mix all ingredients together until fully blended. Place rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
Flatten slightly with fork. Bake at 350 until lightly brown around edges. They will be soft and gooey, but should have cake-like consistency when cool.
COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.